brynnmck: (Default)
[personal profile] brynnmck
This was brought up by a friend-of-a-friend LJ entry (sorry, don't remember who), and I'm surprised at how strong my feelings remain on this issue: why in the name of all that's good and right did Jo turn Laurie down in Little Women?!? I think that will plague me till the day I die. How could she refuse him? And when he's so defeated by her refusal that he doesn't even have the energy to jump the fence, and just lays his head down on the fencepost... sob! Jo, you moron! And then he marries AMY?!? The HELL?!? If the afterlife happens to turn out to be the great celestial get-together for an exchange of views, then I'm going to have a few choice words for Ms. Alcott on that topic.

Also, on a totally random note, I was watching A Few Good Men this weekend and realized that the guy who plays the officer that Demi Moore's character initially asks for permission to represent Dawson and Downey (you know, at the beginning, when she's walking along going, "I would like to request that it be I who am assigned..." etc. and he says "I'd like you to leave the room so we can talk about you behind your back")... that guy is John M. Jackson, aka Admiral Chegwidden of JAG, uh, "fame." Only he has hair, and a mustache! I only recognized his voice. Very weird. But kind of cool. Also, IMDB tells me that Joshua Malina was also in that movie, as "Orderly." Man, he and Sorkin go back a long way, don't they?

June 2014

S M T W T F S
12 34567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
2930     

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Aug. 29th, 2026 12:45 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios