brynnmck: (books are awesome - [icon_imp])
[personal profile] brynnmck
I think I'd heard this before, but it just clicked with me yesterday that Walden Media is making a movie of The Dark is Rising, and... I'm a little apprehensive. Those books, almost as much as the Chronicles of Narnia, had a massive impact on my childhood, and I still adore them and re-read them from time to time, and PLEASE DO NOT SCREW THEM UP, WALDEN MEDIA. It's weird, because with Narnia I was kind of worried about the animals and whether they'd look cheesy, but with TDiR, it's more like I have certain pictures of these characters in my head, and I kind of don't want them disturbed, you know? And I know every tiny detail of the story, so it's going to jar me when they inevitably change things. SOMETIMES I JUST WANT TO READ A BOOK, OK? Hee. Seriously, I reallyreallyreally hope they do a good job.

Also, I'd just like to say that [livejournal.com profile] thesocialnorm is a gentleman, a scholar, a rockstar, and my hero for turning around a pinch-hit Friendship Ficathon fic in about 24 hours. Seriously impressive. And while I'm at it, thanks to [livejournal.com profile] selenay_x and [livejournal.com profile] sabaceanbabe for their pinch-hitting efforts, as well--you guys make modding a ficathon easy! :)

June 2014

S M T W T F S
12 34567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
2930     

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Aug. 29th, 2026 12:45 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios